Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 105 guests, and 31 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Dazed&Confuzed #43238 03/30/09 09:32 PM
    LOL! Love that! Scientists in diapers! grin

Here's DS4's funny for the day...

He tells really dumb knock-knock jokes that have no point, much as all kids that age do. He's also totally unaware of pop culture byond Spiderman and Pokemon. Yet DS4 tells the following joke, which DS7 swears that DS4 invented on his own:

DS4: Knock knock
    Me: Who's there?
    DS4: Y'all.
    Me: Y'all who?
    DS4: I'm Brittney Spears, y'all!

Okay, I'm laughing at it all over again right now! Here's this goofy little boy doing a Brittney Spears impression...and I didn't even know he knew who she was!

I laugh and laugh! laugh

Kriston
    Kriston #43264 03/31/09 06:00 AM
    Kriston - that's definitely worth a good belly laugh!!!

I'm very happy to see that DD definitely enjoys science, looking for critters, digging in the dirt, loves hiking and looking under logs for salamander eggs! She also LOVES the microscope. It's on her little table and it's the perfect height for her when she's kneeling on her little chair. Unfortunately, she lost the tick and it was a perfect specimen that I wanted to add to our collection. Sadly, I"m sure there'll be another tick soon as much hiking as we do in tick-infested woods. EWWWW.

Kriston #43272 03/31/09 06:22 AM
    S
    OP Offline
    S
    How funny Kriston. My DS4 tells similar jokes. I really ought to start writing them down. He started them at 2...they literally made no sense then. Now they are starting to make a little more sense and can play on words more.

That's cool dazed and confused about the interest in critters outside. (although I must say that ticks gross me out). We plan to do some camping this spring and summer. Both of mine like the outdoors a lot, but we haven't done any camping with them yet and I really miss it. I am looking forward to it.

This morning in the car he was humming along with classical music. He says to me "do you know how I can sing two notes that are the same note at the same time?" I said no. He says "it's easy, because they are the same note, so I just sing one note like this, but a little louder..." and proceeds to hum a note. He keeps things interesting.

shellymos #43292 03/31/09 08:16 AM
    Mr W will talk to himself while he plays. It goes like this.

I feeg he wa.
    He feed he wa.
    They feed he wa.
    HAHAHAHHAH!!!

Be ti uh guy.
    Get fer dwer.
    HAHAHAHAHAH HEEEEE! HEEE!!

It will go on for ten minutes. Several phrases, followed by side splitting laughter.

Austin #43301 03/31/09 08:41 AM
    I always enjoy someone who can crack him/herself up! laugh

Kriston
    shellymos #43544 04/01/09 05:32 PM
    DD 27 mos. is in full imagination and fantasty mode. Yesterday, after saying goodbye to DH as he headed off to work, DD commented quietly, "Daddy left and he's never, ever coming back." I said oh really? Where is he? She said, "He's with Suzy and Chris (his colleagues), at the bottom of the ocean."

(Dazed, just wanted to add that while we were at the beach this weekend a giant, black beetle crawled out from underneath me. DD let the beetle crawl all over her like it was a kitten. I named it Steven. Turns out Steven is a Darkling and quite friendly. We must get a microscope.)

seablue #43567 04/01/09 07:39 PM
    T
    TMJ Offline
    T
    I'm never really sure how far to go in answering computer-obsessed DS3's endless questions...

Last week, after listening to my stomach, he announced that he could definitely hear a baby. After explaining that I was not pregnant, he asked how we could put a new baby in there. So, I tentatively tried to explain how babies grow inside women from cells so small we can't see them. DS says 'oh, I get it' as he starts rubbing his hands together over my abdomen and then says 'There, it's done. I made a baby and put it in your belly button!'. That's what I get for omitting some important reproductive facts!

Fast forward 10 hours later, when DS randomly announces 'This is taking forever... I just can't wait any longer!' When I enquired as to what he was talking about, he points at my abdomen and says 'Your baby. I can't see the bump yet, so it must be still loading!'. Tell me where I went wrong with this topic LOL

TMJ #43568 04/01/09 07:43 PM
    M
    M
    Ahhh, this is a great thread!

Thanks everybody, I needed the laughs!

peace
    minnie

minniemarx #43571 04/01/09 08:21 PM
    Ah, TMJ, you remind me why I tend to err on the side of offering too much info rather than too little. ROFL!!!

(Not that giving too much info isn't rife with problems of it's own, mind you! LOL!)

Kriston
    Kriston #43595 04/02/09 06:30 AM
    S
    OP Offline
    S
    DS4 said a couple of funny things this morning that made me laugh. Here are a few of his quotes

"I just saw an tree with lots of little easter pinatas hanging from it...or maybe they aren't pinatas, maybe they were just decorations"

"saying the word 'bahamas' reminds me of eating a mushed up banana that tastes like mashed potatoes"

Of course right after saying that last sentence he moved on to Math and mile markers. The things that come out of his mouth sometimes are quite strange and amusing.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM