Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 447 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    B
    bk1 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    B
    Can you live in the City of Pittsburgh and attend the Fox Chapel area schools?

J
    J
    Technically, Fox Chapel is in the City of Pittsburgh (according to their official address). It is in the NE corner of Pittsburgh. However, like many schools, you must live in the school's specified boundary to attend.

I know that housing is suffering mightily there, so if you are in the market of renting/buying, you can probably get a pretty good deal. Also, since it's a preferred area, it would be easier to sell since everyone wants their kids to go to high school there.

Z
    Z
    Originally Posted by jayne
    and a good private school is Shady Side Academy.

Chiming in super late here, but in case anyone is ever considering SSA we visited and they do not recognize GIEP's.

K
    K
    I love the hills, the colors of fall, the railcars, OH the CHILDREN's musuem is AWESOME, the science center is big fun, fun sports and science complex....

And yes sports are "big" there but they are in any town/city large enough to host professional teams.... and frankly, this is America - often more home of the Braves than the brave - so I suspect any place outside of small town w/big college is going to have some pockets of sport nuts.

Four seasons.... not awful cost of living.... but I know nothing of the schools. I also hail from outside of philly - so I miss the hills and trees of PA... so know this is bias :-)

S
    S
    I really like Pittsburgh! My husband grew up outside of there and when we go home to visit sometimes we make a stop up there. I used to want to live there, but it is a little too close to the in-laws. We are going to try out the children's museum when we visit this summer...or the science one. Not sure yet which one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM