Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 366 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
    If we have profoundly gifted moms and pregnant dear daughters, we may be on the wrong forum!

grin

Boy, I am in a goofy mood tonight!

Kriston
    OH yes- I found the whole thing very disturbing when I first encountered PG on the internet! LOL, and the nicknames really threw me for a loop too. I thought there were actual kids running around named Princess, Winky, and Pooh...

grin That's one weird pile of birth certificates, for sure!

Kriston
    After reading Lorel's post, I now intepret PGPG to mean Profoundly Pregnant!!!

E
    E
    Well for bonding purposes I'll chime in.

DS was an unplanned pregnancy through 2 forms of birth control. I spent the entire pregnancy depressed but not overly sick. However I hated being pregnant and not having control over my body. What do you mean I can't sleep on my stoamche, back or side???? I lovingly referred to DS as The Parasite through the entire term. The lizard was an alternative term of endearment after his ultrasound...

Labor in hospital was 26 hours back labor with an epidural at 23 hours. After several scares, DS was delivered naturally and came out screaming.

Back to the original question. DS was never breastfed after I left the hospital since my milk never came in. They released us from the hosiptal with DS lethargic and not overly responsive after 2 days without food! Kriston where were you then??? I gave him a sample bottle when we got home and he perked up and started to behave like a typical infant smile DH and I also were 100% bottle fed.

As a side note, I think today it can be equally hard to BF in public or bottle feed. I actually had a person grab the bottle out of my hand and throw it in the trash can since I was poisoning my child by not Bfing... Mall security did come to my rescue lol.

I'm am so grateful for how easy things were for me!

Originally Posted by elh0706
    I actually had a person grab the bottle out of my hand and throw it in the trash can since I was poisoning my child by not Bfing... Mall security did come to my rescue lol.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

OMG elh0706 Please tell me you're joking about the mall incident??????? You've got to be kidding.

Q
    Q
    My highlights, which I've already posted and deleted once:

water broke at 36.5 weeks. Called DH at golf outing 3.5 hrs. away. (He finished his round before heading to the hospital!!!)

Drove myself to hospital, parked car and walked to ER (pregnant woman walking into hospital with towel gets lots of attn, LOL)

Came in at 0%,0%. Painful contractions but nurses said monitor was oversensitive. No Dr, no epidural - "too early." Couldn't believe this was stage of labor where I was supposed to be home playing cards with DH...

A couple of hours after DH shows up, asks nurses to check on me. Next thing I know, the nurses swat team is there with all sorts of stuff begging me not to push (until Dr. gets there -hadn't even been asked to come in yet). Dr. shows up, DS born in 15 minutes. About 7 hrs. start to finish from when my water broke until DS born. Dr. told me I was "bred to have babies." Strange comment, don't you think? Nurses asked if I was an athlete (used to be, alas...)

Oh, and we were going to be moving in a few weeks, and had nothing for the baby. Nor had I packed a bag. Just grabbed the nearest bag and threw stuff into it - which explains why DH pulled out my flippers and goggles in the hospital room when he was looking for something for me, and asked "WHY did you bring THESE?"

So, all in all, I was blissfully clueless and had it easy.

As far as weird stranger comments are concerned, I had people come up to me at the mall when I was pushing DS in a stroller and say: "you look so happy now. Just wait til he's a teenager. It's not easy." And I had no idea I looked so happy!

Oh, and I BF for a year.

I feel for all of you who had scary, difficult, uncomfortable pregnancies and suffered so much through childbirth. If I had read all that before I was pregnant, I probably would have been scared away. So I post this to say, YMMV (I'm really learning those acronyms!).

Too bad they don't use storks to deliver kids anymore... (sorry, we just watched Dumbo the other day.)

Originally Posted by elh0706
    I actually had a person grab the bottle out of my hand and throw it in the trash can since I was poisoning my child by not Bfing... Mall security did come to my rescue lol.

WTF!!!!

That's insane!

So SOOOOOO sorry that someone was such an opinionated arse as to THROW AWAY YOUR CHILD'S MEAL! I'm appalled!

Sheesh!

P.S. to Questions: Love the flippers and goggles! Maybe those were for DH? So he could get a better view? <smirk>

Kriston
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    THROW AWAY YOUR CHILD'S MEAL! I'm appalled!

Yeah, and those bottles and formula aren't cheap, either!

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM