Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 312 guests, and 30 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    M
    M
    I'm looking for a good science camp for girls, with an emphasis on chemistry and physics if possible. Those are the areas that dd12 loves. I see that Education Unlimited has some science camps for girls that look interesting. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations, either Education Unlimited or others? TIA!

P
    P
    I can't give you a specific recommendation on something that's available all over, but our state university holds middle school science camps that my kids have loved - I think you'll find the same at other universities and colleges, especially schools that are strong in math/science.

My ds has also attended CTY's summer science camps and loved them.

Another possibility are local science camps funded by private industry - there are a few of those in our area too - some in cooperation with a local college, others private.

One thing I found when my kids became middle school age is that local and state camp information wasn't advertised the way younger-age camps were - so I had to do some digging and networking to find out what was actually available. Networking here is great - but you might find something really great through local networking too smile

polarbear

B
    B
    Have you looked at camps for gifted kids usually held at universities? At that age my son attended a gifted camp held at a local university. He took a class in 'physics' and 'chemistry'. The classes were run by junior faculty and graduate students and labs were held in university labs. It was a good experience. I can PM the information about his camp if you want, although I don't seen the specific classes he took on offer this year.

It really depends on where you are located. Another place to check is a local science museum?

I'll second the JHU-CTY camps. My DD15 has gone the last two years and is going back again this summer. She had a blast both in and out of class.

Best of luck,
    --S.F.

For gifted children, doing nothing is the wrong choice.
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM