I have a love/hate relationship with Common Core right now. Based on the Standards grading (as it's been slowly popping up online the last few days) DS5.3 who's quite advanced in math looks like any other kid who doesn't need any special attention because he's meeting the standards but for now the school is not admitting to him exceeding them (not on the report card at least yet he's exceeding on the individual assessments they took?), same for science which is his "thing" so that's where my hate part comes in. On the other hand, his grades in Language Arts as they are coming up are low and might support our worry about him possibly being dyslexic / dysgraphic. He's extremely verbal and can talk himself out of anything, use very advanced vocabulary and I honestly believe that if it wasn't for all the individual standards grading, the teacher would not had pick up on any issues because he can compensate for them so well. But overall, I want my kids to be TAUGHT ... not "taught to the standards" so I am quite sure we'll be withdrawing him from school after Thanksgiving and will be homeschooling.