Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 241 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    MyModalert, miappaa, Brooklyn, hellotoyou, polles
    11,456 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    K
    K
    Oh - I forgot about Firefly and Serenity! We absolutely loved those. That's what got us onto Buffy (also by Joss Whedon). I never thought Buffy would interest me, but it is very clever and fun series.

Thanks for the suggestions! They sound right up our alley. And it is much better being able to watch them without commercials 1 episode at a time.

I agree that this is more about sensitivity and personality than anything else. DD is very sensitive and at age 9 she quakes at Star Wars movies. DS, on the other hand, begs for that kind of thing.

OP Offline
    Thanks for all the great comments, everyone. And happy birthday Kimck!

I am going to admit here and now that I am a TV addict, and am just starting to learn that there are people "out there" who are not! (Although my biggest TV watching occurred during law school, when I was "reading" my assignments. I never could have made it through law school without 90210 and melrose place.) wink

Last edited by st pauli girl; 06/06/08 05:50 AM. Reason: I'll let you know about any nightmares...
    A little late, but, Happy Birthday Kimck!

K
    K
    Hey - thanks everyone! I can show my true geekiness here by saying my DS7 gave me the Indiana Jones lego video game for my birthday. smile Let's just say, he's very excited about it too.

I also got an ipod touch! I've never even had a simple ipod, so I'm very excited. I also got some jewelry and some books. Huge haul for me! Not to mention we actually have a babysitter tonight. Excuse my tangent.

I was a total TV junkie in college. I was always watching something when I was doing homework. Now we're just DVD junkies!

I was always really disappointed that Buffy didn't win an Emmy because I thought it was the best-written show on TV at the time. Smart, clever, funny, always surprising, dramatic without taking itself too seriously...I think it's the only TV show whose end I ever really mourned. I still miss it.

Glad you discovered it, and happy birthday! smile

Kriston
    OP Offline
    Wow - you're really spoiled for your bday, aren't you - babysitter too! That darn lego video game (well, the commercial anyway) is why DS is begging to see indiana jones movie. I'm still avoiding buying any video games that aren't educational - see I have some boundaries! wink This will last until I get that civ 4 game for DH...

Oh, yes! You're toast then! Civ 4 cannot be resisted, I'm afraid. wink

Kriston
    E
    E
    LOL, This is a timely topic. DS watched the first IJ movie on DVD a few weeks ago and loved it until people started turning into dust. Now he is sure he DOES NOT want to see anymore for a long time. However, he adores playing the new Lego's Video game with DH. We haven't figured out his triggers yet for what he can handle and what he can't. Transformers, Harry Potter, Narnia (both -although I did not like how the adapted the story for Caspian) have all been fine. But that 1 scene in Indana Jones really freaked him out. He also got a bit upset by National Treasure and Ice Age recently.

So SPG did you see the Indiana Jones movie? And if so, how did your DS do?

Also, I have to admit we bought the Lego Indiana Jones game the DAY it came out and it is great!!!! grin

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Orange County (California) HG school options?
    by Otters - 06/09/24 01:17 PM
    Chicago suburbs - private VS public schools
    by indigo - 06/08/24 01:02 PM
    Mom in hell, please help
    by indigo - 06/08/24 01:00 PM
    Justice sensitivity in school / DEI
    by indigo - 06/06/24 05:58 AM
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM