Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 245 guests, and 26 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    U
    U
    I will say that I am not a huge Santa fan and never made a big DEAL about it like some people seem to. Yeah, okay, Santa, but he's not the be-all end-all of super-magic wonderland JOY! He also does not SEE YOU WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING. My unscientific theory is that sometimes it's the kids who get a HUGE thing made of it to them who get disappointed by the truth.

S
    squishys
    Unregistered
    squishys
    Unregistered
    S
    Agreed, ultramarina. In our house, Santa doesn't watch anyone sleep, and doesn't write a discriminatory list of kids' names. He is simply a saint of children from the 4th Century who magically lives forever and gives presents to kids lol.

L
    L
    In our house, Santa and his elves are the displinarians. Anytime dd3.9 misbehaves, I use Santa's negative points and bags of coal as a stick. I am in no hurry to kill Santa smile

Q
    Q
    LOL - this has been an ongoing argument at our house for years! Interesting, it is my brightest and most logical child (rising 5th grader) who persists in believing in the miracle of Santa claus and in giving the tooth fairy the benefit of doubt. His twin has spent the last two years trying to argue him out of his belief. If it helps, there were some other 4th graders who shared my DS' faith in Santa and none of them have suffered any particular ridicule. The funny thing is that I never set out to create the santa myth or take any extraordinary efforts to "trick" the children. I think that it is somewhat related to the suspension of disbelief required to enjoy certain literature and movies.

M
    M
    Our son 10 keeps Santa alive for the fun of it.

He says something like I hope Santa brings me this or that and gives me a cute smile. He has had to know for some time with the crowd he hangs around with.

I think he keeps Santa alive for Mom and Dad.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM