Homesciencetools has an elementary set of slides for like $11. My grandma gave me an old microscope. We havent really got into it yet, but we have pulled it out and looked through it. I didn't know how to get my son to look through it because he would close his eye when he got close. My dad fixed that in 2seconds flat. He put a piece of printed paper under the microscope, focused it, then asked my son, "what letter is that?". We've also started seeding a science notebook with pages of science terms. I ran some notebook paper through the printer and put different sized clip art of test tubes and scientists etc at the top of the pages. I put a few key words, flask, test tube, beaker on one page and my son copied them. That's one page. One page he colored a scientist print out. (he doesn't color much usually.). One page I cut whatever those little motors are called, alligator clip wires, battery packs, just a couple other things out of a catalog (I think it was homesciencetools catalog, I usually sign up for cool catalogs so I'm not sure.). I told him to draw a line down the center of the page and glue the picture in a row down one side then go to "the science box" and count how many of each piece he has and write the # in the other row. It's a 1" black binder from Walmart. It's going to take a while to fill up at this rate. I just want to show him some note taking and some vocabulary lists to reference later.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar