Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 245 guests, and 26 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    K
    K
    I also tend to have a few going at the same time
    � I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett -- We are reading this out loud as a family. My kids have loved this sub-series about Tiffany Aching and the Wee Free Men from his Discworld books. My kids love his sense of humor. This one has started out a little darker than some of the others so I may read ahead to see if it will continue to be appropriate.
    � Ranger's Apprentice Series -- reading with DD8. Enjoying the characters but getting a little tired of the finer points of archery and sword fights.
    � Change Your Story, Change Your Life by Stephanie Tolan -- Just downloaded it from her website (it's free) but haven't gotten very far. I'm hoping it will give me some ideas for helping DD cope with some of her anxiety issues.
    � To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee -- never got around to reading this one before. I'm loving it. Too bad she never wrote anything else.
    � The English Patient -- re-reading because book club wanted to do it. Liking it better this time. It's very different reading this in my 40s as opposed to the first time in my late twenties.

C
    C
    I also have several books going on at once. Currently I'm slowly reading A Song of Ice and Fire series by George Martin (trying to savor them since not all the books in the series are out, and judging by how long it took to publish the fifth book, who knows when the last two will!). I also have Positive Discipline for Teenagers by Jane Nelsen, and Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman, and Mindset by Carol Dweck. Last but not least, I'm re-reading Nurtureshock.

I
    I
    Originally Posted by Cocopandan
    I also have several books going on at once. Currently I'm slowly reading A Song of Ice and Fire series by George Martin (trying to savor them since not all the books in the series are out, and judging by how long it took to publish the fifth book, who knows when the last two will!). I also have Positive Discipline for Teenagers by Jane Nelsen, and Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman, and Mindset by Carol Dweck. Last but not least, I'm re-reading Nurtureshock.

I love Nurtureshock. I was considering re-reading that series, too, but there is nothing I hate more than an unfinished series!

B
    B
    Well, let's look at the evidence. On the floor between my bed and computer I have:

When Gifted Kids Don't Have All the Answers
    Why Bright Kids Get Poor Grades
    I Believe in...Christian, Jewish, and Muslim Young People Speak About Their Faith (was reading a bit of that last night).

On my Kindle, I'm still reading the 9/19 New Yorker. I haven't downloaded in a few weeks, so I'll have a couple more issues of that and one of the Atlantic when I'm ready for them.

The last novel I finished was either Smilla's Sense of Snow--or a novel so raunchy I'm not going to tell you the name of it. But it was reviewed on NPR about a month ago.

OP Offline
    yay! got my copy of Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis...from the library! I have to get off the internet now wink

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...
    M
    M
    "Overcoming Dyslexia" and "Einstein: His Life and Universe"

N
    N
    I only have one going at the moment -- "Q is for Quarry", by Sue Grafton. Working my way through the alphabet. It was really funny at the library yesterday, because DD5 wanted to renew "LMNO Peas" --which is a really cute alphabet book that I recommend for everybody--and I had Q, R, and S in the Grafton series. We're quite the alphabetical house this week! smile

OP Offline
    finished Misdiagnosis, Genius Denied and Raising a Gifted Child

the stack is now...late lost and unprepared, The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children (from the school counselor...not sure about this one) and What Your 3rd Grader Needs to Know. I also have the older version of Cradles of Eminence waiting for me at the library...I can't WAIT to see how Edison's mom handled him, lol!

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...
    Currently re-reading Emma by Jane Austen

Recently finished the following:
    I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
    The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
    The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
    Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Looking for something else to read!!

~amy
    W
    W
    Hemmingway short stories. Short on time lately.

Ren

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader