I think bringing in some work sheets in math and reading is a good idea.
You should be able to ask the school to give end of year type tests so they can see where she is.
I am asking about subject accelerations because teachers are human and overworkred...what makes more sence to you...asking a teacher to write a whole seperate curriculum for one child or moving the child to a room where that curriculum is being taught?
On the other hand if there truly are a handful of other kids who are ready for advanced work and she can do that work with the others with some guidance from the teacher then maybe differentiation is worth persuing.

Your daughters scores are quite high so it varys widely from district to distric if she might have peers in her current grade.

You might have IAS Manual in your local library or school library or the gifted coordinator might have one. I recommend reading it because it is a research supported way to decide if a skip is a good idea and has lots of interesting info. The problem you may run into is that the school folks may not have enough Math backround to understand the results of the IQ test and think that she has reasonable peers when she doesn't.

I am not at all worried that she is young to start with and petite. I worry more that a single skip might not be enough and shell need some additional subject accelerations. You didn't mention if she is socially happy with her current grade but she might be even happier with kids who are in the next grade up necause they have a better chance of getting her jokes.

Love and more love
Grinity

Last edited by Grinity; 03/07/11 08:50 AM. Reason: posting from a cell phone has it's limitations

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com