Some of the books by DiCamillo are touchy though. Good books but Edward Tulane (though my DD liked it, has sad parts). Tiger rising also has some touchy issues.

I think the Magic treehouse are good (as many have a research guide to go with them.) The librarian actually asked me what they kids do with the research guides. I was appalled. I told her we read them for fun, because we do *are we that abnormal that we like to read to acquire knowledge, not just for entertainment?* LOL! The treehouse books are easy for a child who is a good reader, but there is notable knowledge in them as well. the Merlin Mission ones are slightly more challenging reading level wise than the actual Magic Treehouse series itself.

Many children like the boxcar children or AtoZ mysteries but we skipped all those as we had no interest. Again, many may be below level, but that is totally fine.

DD read some of the disney fairy books but eventually lost interest in those, but those would be a good place to start.
Rainbow fairies were good too, as Onthego mentioned. I think they are a little easier reads than the disney ones.

We've read so many books it's hard to keep up!

Has she ever read The outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes? We LOVED this book. it was so good, I could see them making a movie out of it!