In my opinion, there is no one size fits all. Even with two kids that have the same IQ. Some are introverted, some extroverted.

And I think that when I was new and reading posts, sometimes I built up expectations in certain areas, and I got confused because my child is different than what I read.

I also find things things that I don't read on this board, there are nuances, strategic thinking that are anecdotal but unusual and things as a parent I learn about about my child and must see she has her own path.

My child is extroverted and an only child, which means that she likes being at school because there are other kids. I do supplement horizontally and vertically. Vertically with math online, CTY. Horizontally she takes piano, goes to Mandarin (she has spanish and chess as part of her school -- grade 1), science program at the museum, ballet and gymnastics. She also takes swimming tennis in the summer. We also travel alot -- she is 6 and has been to 11 countries. She goes skiing and horse back riding. She is a child that like activity and constantly asks questions. I got her a globe so when a question comes up about a country we can see where it is, she has a child dictionary to look up words. She is very curious and I try to provide tools for her to satisfy the curiousity.

She also enjoys reading and she goes to the library to find her own books. She likes science experiments and her father has done those with her since was 3.

This is what my child needs. And I could see her being more than "moody" without the stimulation. I also watch what she eats. Not that she doesn't ever get KitKats or M&Ms but her personality changes and she cannot do anything with her brain after treats like that.

I rambled but I hope my post provides you with a perspective on your question.

Ren

She loves