Originally Posted by Cecilia
You said since starting middleschool, that things have gotten worse and that she doesn't know when assignments are due etc...This is just a thought, I know you were considering an ADD assessment...My understanding after talking to parents, teachers, students...Is that when you get to middleschool, your need for organization and heightened "executive functioning" skills are in a much higher demand.
No, that's my younger dd for whom we are considering ADD. Dd12 skipped 5th grade and has maintained straight A+s with a few As throughout middle school. She had all As and A+s on her first quarter report card. She's an 8th grader now.

The teacher, himself, confirmed that he isn't giving them due dates. He thinks that there is some odd benefit to this and feels that they should just work away at things without knowing when they are due with the realization that they are due sometime.

She has very few grades in for this current quarter, but she has A+s in all other subjects thus far. Dd12 has just finally started using a planner a bit this year but has relied on her nearly photographic memory in years past and has never missed a due date. I don't think that the problem is on her end. Other parents have kids in this class who are having the same issue.