I've read about it and I am not a fan. Basically the program charges a fee for students to self study for CLEP and DANTES tests to get out of taking college classes. In order to actually complete a degree the student will then need to enroll in one of the few low quality online programs that will allow a student to bypass taking most of their education through taking multiple choice tests. The majors they offer are very limited. Many non highly selective schools will accept some of these sorts of CLEP credits but it typically is quite limited - the better the school, the fewer they accept so if a student intends to study at a traditional college or university in their area they will likely discover they can't get too far without taking actual classes.

Collegeplus claims to be saving students money when they are actually charging them for the privilege of doing something they could already be doing for free on their own. High school students can already earn college credits for only the cost of the test by self studying for APs or CLEP exams. In many areas they can also take dual enrollment courses as a reduced cost. The only service they are really providing is access to "coaches" who seems to be mostly unqualified recent college graduates. These coaches don't provide actual content support - they are not teaching history, math, etc. but instead just talking students through this process of testing out of classes.

For me this is the worst part of an education minus all the good stuff. It is doing the minimum to pass tests to pretend you learned something. There is no assigned reading, no papers, no lectures, no discussion, no professors, no classmates, none of the life of experience of being in a classroom or on a campus. It feels to me like basically like a tricky way to get a credential without actually having the real experience of earning a college degree. This is different from strict online degree programs because in those you are still taking classes, interacting with classmates, and completing work. With CollegePlus most of the degree is just self studying for tests.

I do not think it is a good preparation for a student who intends to go on to graduate study. In this program a student will learn how to self cram for multiple choice exams. That's really different than learning how to actually be successful in college. They are not going to develop the quality of transcript to get into competitive graduate programs and they are not going to develop the relationships that lead to good recommendations.

I do think it can be a great idea for high school students to begin to earn college credits through APs or dual enrollment classes. These are ways to access more challenging material and having some credits can save money or give the student more flexibility during college. For our homeschooler dual enrollment turned out to be much more appealing than self study for APs because he found out having a professor, classmates, discussion, papers, etc. all helped him learn and grow in a way that self study for a single test doesn't.