Originally Posted by Cricket2
I guess that I have been under the assumption (somewhat fed by the "experts") that PG kids don't have ND parents. I could see a MG/PG mix within a family or a ND/MG mix, but a Little Man Tate situation isn't something I've honestly expected to happen as frequently as I see being presented online.

It is possible that my parents and DH's parents are all MG, though my dad claims that he's been tested and is just about average. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if my mom was MG, but I very much doubt that either of DH's parents are anything other than ND. They seem pretty run-of-the-mill to me. But (and I hope this doesn't sound awful) perhaps I just really can't tell the difference between ND and MG people. At any rate, none of them have college degrees, and all are working-class. smile

Originally Posted by Cricket2
Do you all think that writing things like "mute point" or "persay" (per se) could be due to dyslexia or just being a bad speller if they happen over and over?

With dyslexia you'd rather expect them to be spelled differently each time. But I also think that these words, though misspelled according to the dictionary, might not be misspelled according to the circles in which some highly intelligent but uneducated parents might travel.