Excellent link Maryann -

I thought that this was interesting:

A student score at or above the following scores on a 6+ Mathematics Survey with Goals test
suggests student readiness for:
230 Introduction to Algebra
235 Algebra
245 Geometry

It looks like by MAP's experience both your children are ready for Geometry. I think that it's time to show this to the school and aske for PreAlgebra for your DD.

As for reading it looks like their scores would be at or above the 95% even compared to 7th graders.

At the very least you can see that you are bumping right up against the ceiling of the test in Math for both kids. I think that even hardworking ND (normally developing) kids wouldn't be pressed right up against the ceiling like they are unless they were also gifted.

You can show the pages from Maryann's link to help with your advocacy, and if the school doesn't believe you, they can call NWEA for help in understanding what your children might be ready to learn. It is possible that your school has an unusual population and are much higher or lower than this national average, but they have the data.

A reasonable question to ask, if the school acts all 'your kids don't have special educational learning needs' is to ask how many 6th graders got reading scores or math scores like your kids in 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade. Probably only a very small percentage. Maybe None.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com