PP: I'm not going to be much help with the "how do they compare" question, I'm afraid, even though DS took both. He had a dismal test day with the SB5: lacking nearly 3 hours of sleep, getting the flu about 36 hours after the start of the test, and taking a Visual-Spatial test what turned out to be with a verbal kid. If we'd only neglected to feed the poor guy, it would have been about the worst-case possible for testing! frown

On the other hand, I think his WISC test day was a good one. If not ideal, it was pretty close. The shorter length of the WISC helped a lot, too. 3+ hours of testing is an awful lot for a 6yo! The SB5 seemed brutal in that regard!

Also, I don't have his write-up from the WISC yet, so I can't lay the scores out side-by-side yet. I do know that his PRI was 151 on the WISC, and that he seemed to be VS on the verbal test (after appearing to be verbal on the SB5!).

His Full Scale score for the SB5 was officially 134+, and I think the tester for the WISC said that it was over 140 for the WISC (though to be honest, I mostly stopped listening after I heard that he had the PRI score needed for DYS! LOL!).

However, the SB5 tester made quite a point of saying that he thought that test was not a valid indication of DS6's IQ. A more-or-less exact quote: "It looks like a borderline GT score, but he's *not* borderline. He's at least HG. It's just that we couldn't tell from this test today whether he's HG, EG or PG."

Since that was what we wanted to know--HG, EG or PG?--I was pretty disappointed with the SB5.

In general, my impression was that the SB5 was harder to score high on than the WISC, though if DS6 had been a VS kid who isn't at all GT verbally, then I might have a different take.

FWIW...which isn't much!

I'll be happy to share his complete scores next week when I have them in front of me, if you'd like. Just let me know. Since I'm pretty sure the SB5 told us nothing much, I'm not sure they'll tell you anything. But I'll share 'em if you want 'em! laugh

Kriston