Thanks, Inky. That's helpful.

For any of you considering MAP testing at home, I did notice a few things that it would have been useful to know before registering (through ACCES):

1) ACCES registered DD for the "Survey" tests, without goals. It appears from their form, however, that it might be an option to register for the tests with goals. On the chart to determine which test to use (see Inky's link to Teachers' Manual) it says that the shorter "Survey" tests are not suitable for tracking achievement. That was probably my main reason for having DD take the test.

2) I did not realize that there are actually two versions of the test (for grades 2-5 and for grades 6+). Had I known this, I would have signed DD up for the 6+ test so that there would be no ceiling issues. As an interesting side note, the Language Survey does not appear to have separate versions (at least not from what's listed on the ACCES registration from). Anyone know if that's true or not?

What still puzzles me is how they can have norms through 11th grade, if the grade 2-5 test doesn't have material that covers high school. The RIT charts with percentiles don't seem to distinguish between the versions of the test.

Maybe I should just stick with EXPLORE! Seems less complicated.