Wow, thank you! Like really, I am amazed at your kindness. And I am definitely going to look into those resources. I need all the help I can get. In his preschool setting, I would say the thing the three items that get Blake the most worked up are 1) when he is working on something, whether that be an art project, reading a book, etc. and the teacher tells him it is time to clean up and he is not done, he gets very frustrated and angry 2) when other kids tease him. He seems to take those things to heart. 3) when he is trying to tell someone something and he feels they are not listening.

Blake also tends to have some strange tendencies (which is where some of the teasing comes from). He hates loud noises, very scared of bugs and germs and is always fearful there are things in his food. He also worries a lot. Worries about death, being sick, poison (????) and I honestly, don't even know where he gets a lot of this from. He picks up on everything.

I agree that I don't really know if his acting out has to do with giftedness or just his personality. He does seem to have a short fuse mostly caused by frustration.

My husband now is a successful man. He is in a director position at a large pharmaceutical company. It took him a long time though to make the most of his abilities. He definitely developed some emotional baggage. I know throughout his childhood and his school years, he was always labeled, transferred from class to class, everyone was always trying to figure out how to deal with him. He almost did not graduate from high school. It's amazing how hard it can be for such an intelligent person to get through school. My husband says it was impossible for him to conform. He does tend to get worked up when Blake has behavioral problems or the teachers talk to us becuase he sees the same thing happening to Blake that happened to him.

The Counseling Minister at our church is a good friend of mine and he recommended this counselor to me. I was not very impressed with the psychologist we saw a couple years ago and did not want to go back to her. I think Saturday the counselor is just going to talk with Blake, play some games with him and then let us know his opinion on how we should proceed. I actually am pretty happy with this because he is doing it more on a friendly level. He can also recommend a pyschologist to me.

Love, Christy