I have seen something similar to this, in fact, it might be the same thing. The Your Baby Can Read DVD infomercials and some posts about it on another board. A while back when the Einstein DVDs had to refund money because their marketing promised smarter babies; a wave of articles were published about this new wave of parenting and showing that they don't have a real advantage, using the "they are even out by the 3rd grade" criteria. I ponder if this is true and also if the site mentioned in the original post and the DVD I just referenced takes it even further than anything Disney came up with? Either way, it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Why can't parents play with their children and read books? And I'm not just talking read books to their children but also to themselves because it sets a good example and when the children are raised in an environment where the parents are readers there is a higher chance the child will be a strong reader.

I guess I am for a more old school approach. This isn't saying my DD doesn't have toys but truthfully she would be quite content with her stuffed animals and books. She has such an imagination that she doesn't need electronics ... her animals come to life.