Thanks for the info about DYS. We haven't planned on getting IQ testing, although I guess we could. We have four kids and only the oldest was tested, due to other issues (she came out PG). The thing is, mostly, my ds seems like any other kid, and on top of that, he has an expressive language and speech production issue (apraxia). When I'm at school volunteering, honestly, the other kids seem pretty slow, but it's not like ds is coming up to me and saying, 'hey look mom, I just created a new chemical compound.' When we talk to him about stuff, he seems to get it very quickly, but he doesn't seem "out there" like I expect really gifted kids to seem (although neither does dd, and she is supposedly PG :)).

And he does like talking Biology. His test scores guilted me into buying a Biology kit to do a project for the school science/special interest fair (any display is okay, doesn't have to really be science fair material). With dd17's senior year, the other kids are getting a lot less attention. frown

Thanks for the welcome!
Theresa