Kit Armstong is scheduled to play at our club next month so I was reading about him. And he seems your stereotypical PG++ that was protrayed in that movie Vitus or Little Man Tate with the natural prodigy talents at the piano.

Since DD has been noted as gifted for music, with inclinations towards piano, I was wondering if it was just an adjunct of visual spatial giftedness. Why the stereotypical protrayal of these PG kids that are also piano prodigies?

I was wondering if anyone had the correlational studies? But I think it may not be available, since in our case, we were in a situation in NYC where the piano lessons were pushed. We just wanted her in Music & Movement and then group piano. But gave up after 2 lessons in group piano. So if you were not in the environment, maybe you wouldn't expose your kid. Although DD did stand at her Barbie piano at 2 and play the scale, seriously from C to C, just slowly listening, we didn't see her just start playing Mozart or something. We knew there was interest and some ability.

Anyway, just curious how much people have noticed a correlation.

Ren