Well I'm glad that she was at least upfront about it. Sounds like you have a pretty bright boy on your hands too. Your school (at least the district) has a school psychologist. Even if it's a private school, they will likely have someeone from a local ISD or something similar who contracts with them. I would probably either show them or the school principal.

One other thing that I want to clear up with you too is that the grade levels that the test show are known as grade equivalents. I always try to explain this to the parents in my distrct becuase they can be misleading somewhat. For a child who tests at a 5th grade equivalent, what this is saying is that his raw score that he earned on the test was the average raw score earned by students at that grade level amongst the group of indiviudals who helped norm the test. It is not based on a 5th grade curriculum. Since most of my testing is for special education in my district, a lot of the kids will have grade equicalency scores that are significantly lower than their actual grade level. I try to ease the shock to parents by explaining to them that just because a 5th grader has a 2nd grade equivalency doesn't mean that he is unable to read any words that would be considered 5th grade veocabulary, it's just that his score on the test was consistent with that of the second grade sample used to develop the test.