Originally Posted by intparent
We haven't skipped our D, but I do know parents (and teachers) talk behind our backs. D goes to a K-12 independent school. When she entered K, we met with the teacher ahead of time to share D's Stanford-Binet results (a score in the profoundly gifted range) and the report provided by the person who tested her. The teacher then told another parent (!!!!), who then shared that info with many others. One of my friends told me that this info was going around; she told me the score that was rumored, and it was correct. I immediately went to the principal, who in turn disciplined the teacher. But 10 years later (D is in 9th grade now), this still comes up occasionally from parents or teachers...

In some ways it is probably easier to deal with than your situation, though, since I don't think most parents really think their kids would score that high anyway. smile

This is really more a sidebar off of what you wrote but since I have a friend who recently went through a similar situation I thought I would comment. My friend lives in S. Africa and perhaps they don't have the privacy clauses we have in the states but the gifted school her son is attending not only revealed the child and tests he took and scores he made to other parents; they did so without ever telling my friend that information, so she was blindsided by another parent when she brought it up. My friend had no idea they even gave her son the tests, let alone what he made on them. I found it appalling but she wasn't really too upset by it all. Differences in culture is my guess.

Glad to read the teacher got disciplined. I know that we can't stop the rumor mills amongst the parents but it should be the parents of the child in question who gets to choose how much if anything is shared.