Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
That said, being a perfectionist myself, I will probably need duct tape for my mouth so I don't correct her.

Thanks for the chuckle with that line. I try so hard to be the accepting nurturing parent, and I think I do a decent job, but there are times there is a bucking bronco of a perfectionist inside of me and it isn't always easy to restrain. I think my DD has a bit of this too and gets really irritated with herself when things aren't right, so the last thing she needs is a nitpicking mom over her shoulder. I hope I can let go and step back if she does poorly in school at any point. It will be a spiritual-emotional challenge for me :-) When she took her IQ test I needed to leave the room because it made me nuts when she said things wrong I knew she knew. I think I am accepting overall, and very proud of her, but have to keep an eye on my inner perfectionist.

That is great that your DD and your friend's child are sending notes back and forth. It sounds as though they both love the idea. I may have my DD write a note then scan or take a picture of it and send to her grandparents. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by TwinkleToes; 02/21/10 01:21 PM.