I really don't have any advice. My DD (3 1/2) has been writing for a little while and mostly her name and ours. But thought I would pass on something I did with her this past week since it really excited her. I have a friend in S. Africa who has a child about the same age and is HG+. DD wrote him a note and I took a picture of it and sent it to her and her son via email. He was super excited to receive it and is going to send something back to her though it won't be writing since he isn't quite there yet, but he is starting to work on his letters and his mom said the note from DD sparked him to want to try even more. It should be fun for them to share with each other.

But as for what your DD is doing, in trying to spell different words, I agree that right now it really isn't important that she spell them perfectly. It is more about learning to put information down on paper and telling the story. That said, being a perfectionist myself, I will probably need duct tape for my mouth so I don't correct her. And I know DD is already a perfectionist. While writing her name on cards for valentine's day she got very upset that her 'Y' was not perfect and when I offered to help she finally allowed me but complained that it looked like a '4' not a 'Y' and that was not her name. I just keep encouraging her to accept that it is close enough and with practice she will get it. Most of her friends at school can't write their names and those that do are not perfect either. But yet another sign how peer pressure doesn't work on her. Really not about anyone else ... just what she expects from herself.