Originally Posted by JenSMP
JJsMom,
Thanks for sharing that info. It was really helpful. We actually haven't had any tantrums over the past couple of days, not even little tiny ones. DS is doing exceptionally well. At first (day 1-2) he seemed different, even a little zoned out and not more focused. Now he's just himself, only calmer and more focused. I was really worried about him losing his personality, but that hasn't happened. No more sleep issues either. Of course, we're only on day 4, but I'm so happy things are going better than on day 1. Does Vyvanse take a few days to balance out? It seems like he had s/e at the beginning, but they are all gone now except the dry mouth and occasional "dizziness." I don't think he's actually dizzy; he just feels different. Did you feel different on it the first day vs. a week later? Thanks again!

If I don't eat, I feel dizzy... it's jittery moreso than dizzy (like a caffiene high without the immediate crash). I think that's just the way the ADHD meds work, being a stimulant. I did feel different a week later. More used to the way it worked. I personally did feel a "crash" around 2-3pm (took it at 8am), BUT it wasn't as extreme as a caffiene crash. And it was not too bad since, for me, most of the stuff I needed to stay really focused on was already done for the day. I started with the lowest dose and was upped after about 2 months. 50 mg was definitely the perfect fit for me. But I'm not sure what they recommend for kids if there becomes a point where it seems not to work anymore.

And I can totally tell a difference now when I take it vs not taking it (I have a "stash" for those days that I do need it - my last refill). The one thing I did love about Vyvanse is that even though they say you can become dependent due to it being stimulant and not to forget your dose, etc, I didn't/don't suffer withdrawals when I don't take it. I rarely took it on the weekends when I was taking it regularly. There was no "oh my God, I have to have my meds now" feel, which I hear happens with the likes of adderall.

Oh, and DH says he likes me more when I take it (I really wish I didn't have the UTI/Bladder issues, which I am personally prone to anyway) because I have MORE of a personality. smile

My cousin (who is in her late 40s) takes Concerta. She has been on and off all types of ADHD meds and says so far Concerta has been the best fit for her.

Good luck!