This is an interesting thread. I can relate in a lot of ways with DS5. he is in first grade and they allowed him to start this year in first after reviewing his testing reports. Socially he tends to do well with older kids, but he still can be immature at times and tends to act ridiculous especially when he gets a reaction. He is still getting in trouble almost daily for doing "silly" things like being goofy on the rug, getting up out of his seat and walking around, and just doing little things like touching the teachers computer (one day he had to switch colors because he switched the teacher's screen to another one, and then switched it right back...he said he didn't know why he had to switch colors because he put the screen right back the way it was). Anyhow, it is frustrating. Each day I am not sure how serious the offense was for him to move colors, sometimes it seems it was justifiable and other times I am not so sure. Recently he has scribbled on his work a couple times. The teacher is confused about this since it is "challenging work" While it is work that is a few grade levels above it still isn't necessarily challenging or interesting for him. I believe it was 3 digit subtraction or something. He is doing algebra so I doubt that was too challenging. Last night he told me that sometimes he just gets bored and isn't sure what to do. He wasn't just talking about school I don't think. DS still seems to like school, but says that he wishes that it wouldn't be so easy and there "wasn't so much first grade stuff". He does get differentiated work and is doing mostly work between 3rd and 6th grade. But there is still some stuff that he has to do that is more first grade material.

Anyhow, I feel your pain. It is frustrating. I am happy that the school is working so well with him, but I wish that the behaviors were under control as it would make each day much smoother for all.