EandCmom and everyone,

My kids are registered through BESTS also. DS11 took the EXPLORE with them last year after we sent in his Terra Nova results. This year, as a returning participant, they did not require his 6th grade ITBS scores.

My daughter is signed up to take the ACT with BESTS which will be her first talent search. I had corresponded with a BESTS representative regarding her qualifications as her highest sub scores fell at the 94th percentile. We were granted permission to sign her up, but they did require that I send in the grade level achievement test results.

My son is also taking the ACT on the same date, but through MATS, as BESTS does not offer it to 6th grade students. MATS had not contacted me regarding his qualifications but has already send his packet to our home. My impression is that they are not as discriminating as BESTS.

We are still waiting on the EXPLORE info for a Jan test date also.

I would like to add my best wishes to all our kids here! My son enjoyed the experience last year and was even offered a grade skip based (partly) on his results. I think it is well worth the fifty bucks in comparison to the cost of other assessments.