That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, and I thank you for your post. I'm one of the parents always worried that there's something wrong with my son because he's not like other kids. Your post helped me put our situation in perspective and know that I have to be his advocate b/c there are plenty of other people who aren't going to understand him. I have to be the one who believes in him and knows he's fine just the way he is.

You must feel so relieved...I'm appauled at what you went through at the ps. I am very hopeful that we are going to find the same fit in Montessori school in January. If not, we have a great alternative back-up plan at a very small private school. They have just 10 students right now ranging from 6th grade to 10th grade, but my son fits right in with them. He goes there for some enrichment classes now. They are looking to start a multi-age elementary class next year with 5-10 students. Each child will have an individualized educational plan with lots of one-on-one instruction, ongoing in-depth projects, and opportunities to explore areas of interest. If the class falls through, he can still go and have one-on-one instruction with a gifted teacher! For once, we're in a position where we have options!!

I wish your son continued success in his new school. It sounds like a dream come true for him!