Thank you for all the responses! I got a Casio Px-130 today. They price matched an internet price at my local store. More still than I wanted to spend; but I have been looking on Craigslist for a while to no avail. The sound is amazing; and so is the touch. 88-key hammer weighted action. Feels great. My DH was shocked at the sound and the feel when I got it home. I can't wait for my Mom to try it out since she plays. I would prefer a piano; but am going to wait to see if DS hangs in there with it. Besides I need to move it around some before I figure out where it will stay as a test - small home.

DS looks forward to going now; but he is really just starting. We'll see how practice goes. Any tips on that? Length of practice, etc.? again, DS is 4.5.

@JBDad - A friend's daughter (DS's friend too) started just before he did; and I told him. Then I asked if he wanted to go. After my asking MANY times looking for the same response 'yes' from him, which I got, I went to her same piano teacher. His teacher gives lessons from "My First Piano Adventure for the Young Beginner." It has two books actually and comes with a music cd which he loves to listen to in the car. He does exercises to the cd for his lessons. I am have been shocked and pleased with his interest and focus (so far). He is the silliest kid, and likes to push buttons; so I didn't know how he'd be with his piano teacher.
He takes swimming right after it. He blows off steam there and has fun - I have to make him do this though (for safety reasons). He says he doesn't want to go to swim lessons the whole day leading up to the lesson; but ends up loving it.