I have thoroughly researched this test when my DD took it last year and most schools rely more heavily on this test for identification than most other standardized tests. If you research, you can find out the correlation of the accuracy of this test compared to many other tests. The important thing to remember is that the CogAT is NOT an IQ test. It does give you a score that is similar to an IQ, but it is NOT an IQ. For one, it is a group administered test. In fact, the child would probably score BETTER on an individual test, vs. a group one, so you most likely have accurate, but slightly lower scores that you'd expect from a one on one test. Each subtest has a stanine associated with it. Some school may give you the whole report, some schools may give you part, and some schools won't give yu the results at all unless you go in an ask to see them with the prinicipal, and even then, may only tell you partial info. there is a lot to learn from the results of this based on the child's learning needs and how they learn best, however, I sorta feel like many school don't really utilize the imformation as well as they should.