Have you checked out the list of recommended schools on the Davidson Site? That's where I found my son's small private school, which has been as close to perfect as we could hope. And I would second CAMom's advice that you look beyond schools with the gifted label. My son's school is open to everyone, but it is small enough that they can give each student an individualized curriculum. They had no problem accepting my son into kindergarten at age 4, quickly assessed his reading level at 5th grade, and developed a curriculum to meet his needs.

I also wouldn't assume that grade skips are necessary, given the right school. Because my son's reading is off the charts and he's a grade or two ahead in math as well, I had assumed when I started looking at schools that there would be multiple grade skips in his future. Now I'm not so sure. So far, it looks like his school might actually be able to keep him challenged without moving him up. The school is K-12, and although most of the students there are gifted, few of them graduate early--most just leave with lots of college credit already under their belt. One really neat thing about this school's approach of meeting kids where they're at in the grade they're in is that my son doesn't have any idea he's smart. As far as he knows, it's perfectly normal for every kid in the class to be reading something different, and for some kindergarteners to read at the 5th grade level.