This is very interesting to me b/c we are in the same spot w/ dd#2 who was also a 3rd grader this past school year. She's taken the WISC-IV twice (once at the end of 2nd and once at the end of 3rd). We really can't afford to do any more testing or anything at this point as dh just lost his job, but I still don't know what to make of her or her scores.

The first time she took the WISC, her VCI was in the 99.7th percentile, and the second it was in the 99th (no problem there). However, the PRI was in the 99th the first time and the 75th the second! The tester indicated that dd's abilities may have "fluctuated" although I don't know what the heck to make of that. Her WMI and PSI were average both times she was tested, although not identical (WMI was like 47th the first time and 75th the second and PSI was in the 66th the first and 42nd the second). The psych who tested her the second time did substitute the arithimetic test for one of the WMI subtests, though, so that accounts for the increase in WMI. Both dh and I noted attention issues to the psych, but dd's teacher did not and noted that dd was not gifted and "nothing special" according to the psych, so we were told that she did not have ADHD/ADD since it was only noted at home.

Overall, she had a FSIQ in the 98th a year ago and 91st now and a GAI in the 99.9th a year ago and 96th now. Her WAIS scores were 95th for reading, 98th for math, and 99th for writing and another reading achievement test (GORT) that she was given was in the 99th. These were all grade level percentiles, which probably would have been higher if they had used the percentiles for her age b/c she is very young for grade (late Sept. bd -- will be 9 a few days before Oct of 4th grade).

However, her school achievement tests say that she is reading just at grade level on the DRA assessment (nearly the same assessment at the GORT - oral reading) and her MAPS scores have ranged from the 53rd to 94th percentile up and down over and over in both math and reading.

I don't know if she'll qualify for TAG this next year when it starts. The psych told us that she didn't have learning disabilities, ADD, an anxiety disorder, or anything else wrong with her. However, the erratic and uneven scores were not explained at all.