Originally Posted by BethG
Sorry, I meant my DH's comment as a kind of funny.
Ah, I misread your tone - sorry!
Originally Posted by BethG
I'd suggest the Murderous Maths books

Do you know a US source for these? I was not able to find them. frown
amazon.com shows several as available (albeit with "ships in 2-4 weeks") - search for murderous maths (with the s :-)
Or abebooks.com - mostly second hand copies and will mostly be shipping from the UK, but should work.
I'm frankly astounded at how quickly she mastered simple multiplication and division. They only touch on it slightly in second grade in our district but once I showed her one example of how to do a problem like 345x9 she was able to do any problem of that type. And when I showed her how to do simple long division (like 345/9) she was able to do any problem of that type. And she's doing multi step word problems that require both multiplication and division to find the answer.

I know a lot of kids here are much more advanced than that, but I was really surprised at how quickly she totally and completely understood the concept.
I know exactly what you mean, it's the same with my DS - what's astonishing is not so much that he knows these things, as that he snaps them up so voraciously. Have fun!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail