Thanks Shari. I've been trying to get out of my head and listen to my "mommy gut" since I saw your post. I'm now leaning toward leaving him where he's at. I feel I may have overreacted to the lower language scores - it's not like I didn't know going in that it takes a little longer to assimilate two languages. The class size is half or less that of the public school, and they really are willing to work on finding the best fit in terms of curriculum and placement. And I don't even know if the HG program would be a great fit, so to change now betting on the come doesn't seem like the thing to do. Plus I just REALLY LIKE his school, between the teachers, the parental involvement, the curriculum, etc. and that counts for a lot.

The reaction of DS at first was excitement about going to a new "English" school, but he has since said he doesn't want to leave where he's at. He also says he doesn't want to spend time in the 1st grade class because "all they do is work," but that's another issue altogether.

Shari I must say that I was disappointed to see such a short response to my post, no compelling arguments, no supporting data or anything, but your advice was perfect and helped so much. Thank you!

I'm brand new here and I'm so glad I found this board!

-M

Last edited by MAE; 04/26/09 02:12 PM.