Thank you to Bronxmom. I appreciate you sharing that you are going through a similar struggle. I don't know anyone locally who is going through this with their child, so i was more than thrilled to find this website, and the support from moms like you.

To Austin: I will get the books asap. Thank you for suggesting them! As for my husband, he doesn't understand why our son doesn't just do the busy-work and enjoy slacking off the rest of the time. That's what he did! -- I am trying to get him to understand that our son is different and we need to meet his needs where he is...and it is okay that he wants more.

My husband also hated Johns Hopkins and doesn't want our son to go into a gifted program. So, i am tackling the school system and my husband (who happens to be an absolutely wonderful dad and spouse...we just can't agree on this subject). If you are wondering why he hated it, it was because he was/is very social and felt the program didn't give him the ability to have regular kid fun.