DD13 is in the process of applying to an early entrance program at our local university. As part of this, she has to ask (2) teachers to give recommendations for her. She decided to ask her 7th grade LA/Social Studies teacher for one of them. Yesterday he emailed me wanting to set up a meeting to talk about "other options" for dd. After I talked with her, I'm fairly sure he thinks she couldn't handle the work and gave her a bad recommendation. Well - that's ok, I don't want him to say things he doesn't feel to be true. But I wonder if he really knows her as well as she thinks he does, and if I should try to give him more info or let it drop? (BTW, this has only stiffened dd's resolve to do the program! But as she said, "I want to do it for myself, not to prove anything to anyone.") She is a DYS, and our family consultant has written a very nice letter of recommendation for us. Teacher's dd is in the same grade, at the same school and we know him on a personal level too, just to complicate things. Thoughts/opinions?