Yes, I suspect that asking skeptical questions about Santa counts at least as partial credit with Dr. Ruf. If not, then I think it should!

DS7 has been asking skeptical questions for maybe 3 years, but I have never given him a straight answer. I refuse to lie, so I, too, pull the "What do you think?" defense, or agree with him when he observes that something doesn't make sense: "Yes, DS, it doesn't seem possible for Santa to get all the way around the world to every house in just one night. Hmmm. What do you make of that?" He usually finds some creative way to explain it: "Maybe Santa is really a genius who has invented a time machine?" I have a hard time thinking that this sort of answer means he's not that smart... LOL!

I'm not yet willing to tell him the truth because he hasn't asked me outright "Is Santa fake?" But I prefer not to ruin that part of his innocence either. As long as he only asks questions, I'm playing along.

Really, belief in someone who gives you presents doesn't seem to me to be a very reliable way to determine that someone isn't GT. How is looking a gift horse in the mouth showing intelligence? wink (Totally kidding!)

Kriston