Set up a meeting now. Don't wait for PT conferences.
This is the age where we had a really hard time talking to my BIL. We'd call up and ask to speak to him, his 4 year old daughter would say:
"No, he's at work"
and they ask to speak to SIL
"No, she's asleep."

this happened about 6 times before we caught on - LOL!

They seem to have 'emotional reaction detectors' that hunt for your trigger points. My son told the teachers that due to DH and my jobs, he never go to see us. The teachers bought it. I was working exactly 20 hours a week at this time. I was so mad!

It is of course possible that the teacher is a monster of some kind.

My advice is when DD plays the 'Oh poor me!' card to say:
"Oh yes, we all get tired some days. You are so lucky - not you get to understand that old phrase: "The Grass is Always Greener over the fence! I'm sure the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence. But Humans don't live in a perfect world, and this is the best way we make school work for you."

Or shorter, "Yeah, that part stinks, I wonder why you are in Kindy?"

And listen to what she says. If it keeps up, you can even let her visit Baby School (perhaps a Day Car center in the afternoon)

Deep Breaths dear! Seek to know the teacher first - that's the long term solution, unless you DO want a skip to 1st grade. The whole scary thing about school is being at such a distance!

It's ok to leave DH home if he is a hothead. Every family is different and look at what strengths he can contribute in what contexts.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com