Katelyn'sMom -- I wouldn't worry about levels too much yet; your dd is still so young. However, I think Level 5s are one of these, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" sort of things.

My cousin, now 24, is a level 5. When doing an intelligence assessment at 3yo, he was shown a picture of a pot with some steam coming out, and he was asked, "What is this?" He answered, "Vaporized water," as he saw the steam -- didn't even think "pot."

My own ds is HG+, but not a level 5. I "know" several level 5s online, and it's just clear when one turns up. You see HG+ children fairly often in the gifted circles online, but Level 5 kids really are pretty rate. I think it will become clearer as your dd ages.

And to any newbies out there -- early speech is often an indicator of giftedness, but normal-rate speech doesn't mean the child is not gifted if doing other notable things. My ds didn't speak in 2+ word combos until he was 27 mo -- but did have quite a few sight words, would one-to-one count to 10 by then, etc. So don't decide your dc isn't gifted if not an early talker! smile

Mia