My middle kid skipped French 4 and went into AP French. This was purely because of a class conflict (French 4 and Spanish 4), and there was much resistance from the school administration - which is very typical for our district.

I will say that my kids had an immersion background - middle one had the least, attending an immersion school from Pre-K4 through 2nd grade. She had an A in AP French and a 5 on the exam. School administration thought she would miss too much grammar, but with the immersion background, she had a "feel" for what was right and what was wrong, though she could not always cite the grammar rule that made it so.

Spaghetti, there is no down side to taking the test, so it is good that your daughter is taking it. In college, a 5 on the AP exam might get her credit and almost certainly would get her placement. My eldest placed into junior level French classes - getting credit for the first four French classes - while middle kid got credit/placement for two classes beyond the first four classes. If she doesn't do well on the AP exam due to poor classroom prep, then no harm, as AP scores don't figure into college admissions. And it sounds like spaghetti's school might be a bit behind the times, as there hasn't been an AP French Literature exam for almost 10 years.