Originally Posted by spaghetti
If you look on CTY website and dig, you can find some info on the SCAT, but in my experience, it didn't jive with the school reports. At school, they gave the test and scored it themselves, and as far as I could tell, never compared it to any norms, so hard to tell how your kid stacks up.

Yup this is exactly my confusion. They gave it to the kids in 3rd grade to qualify for the accelerated program in elementary (SCAT as well as another test). My son scored somewhere around "80%" then too according to the school. Then in fifth grade, the kids in the accelerated program are given it again to see if they should continue in the accelerated program in middle school. They say they also consider grades, teacher input, etc. but that they look for at least an 80% on this test as well. They will not let me see the test or anything. They do not give me a report. The test is not even given by our regular math teachers. The admin in charge of curriculum (he keeps the PSSAs and other such tests, etc. as well) comes to the school to oversee the administration of it. I am kind of surprised my kid got 80% he said he ran out of time and had to leave 7 of the questions blank frown

Okay, well, maybe I will never know what this test says about him except that if we want him to continue in the accelerated math program in our middle school he is technically qualified.

Last edited by Irena; 05/06/17 12:10 PM.