Thank you all for your responses. I edited out the word that my son mentioned he was asked to define on the test.

ElizabethN, I didn't like that DS could see what was being written either. He can sometimes have test anxiety and from the way he described his experience, I could tell he was probably very nervous.

September 1st Is the deadline given by our state department. According to my letter, "Referrals resulting from 2nd Grade Child Find must be processed, eligibility determined, and students placed n time to begin 3rd grade pull-out by the September 1 deadline."

I don't know if it will necessarily take that long. When I asked that he be screened in February, I was told that I would get "notification of the results by the end of the school year." This was in the email that I received from the GT teacher.

Thank you, indigo and Cranberry, for the idea of my sending an email acknowledging that I received the letter and asking what additional information needs to be collected and copies of all tests results.

I am keeping all my correspondence (which thus far has been through email and letters sent home). I will start an advocacy binder so that I will have everything in one location.

Last edited by Jai; 04/11/17 04:43 PM.