Thanks, aeh. I will definitely check out those links. I'm with you on the fluency leading to the comprehension, which is why I find it so frustrating that the school doesn't want to deal with the fluency.

Unfortunately, the psych we are using has done almost all the testing she can think of and has declared that she also thinks DS is an enigma. He is going back in a week or so for one more test - but at this point, she is leaning towards testing based on his emotional state. We think he is a very happy-go-lucky child, who rarely ever gets upset about anything (other than his older brother.) Sometimes, he gets upset, but I think less than most people, and if he's hiding his emotions, he is hiding them deeply. He and I are very close, and I think he is one of the most well-adjusted people I know! She also seems to think he is ADHD inattentive - but that it just hasn't overcome his giftedness yet. He does show some signs of ADD, but its border-line at most.

The biggest frustration we have right now is with Math. We are at least getting somewhere on the reading and writing, but the fact that Math is tanking is a HUGE concern. I got on here looking for people who might have similar issues and saw this post and wanted to put in my two cents. I think I probably need to add my own topic and see if anyone responds!