Deb-
We have found an OT nearby and will start seeing her in 3 weeks. I know he needs medical OT. I just think some of the things that are happening in school need to be addressed in school.

They are just so snotty to deal with. I don't know how those people can face themselves in the mirror. They are shameful.

They did agree to do the DAPE assessment, but I could tell from the tone of the conversation that nothing was going to be found that indicated support. We have a 9 year old who is unable to catch a ball, dribble a ball, throw a ball at a target or with any amount of strength, etc. The PE teacher says he's just like half the other kids in her class!!! BALONEY!! I said that maybe the whole class of kids should be assessed for LDs. I said that while it may be true that other kids have similar problems, Mite has an IEP and medical diagnosis of several disorders that account for his difficulties and that's why he gets to be evaluated for DAPE.

Have you ever heard of NACD? Would that program help Mite? The thing that piques my interest about it is all the activities are designed to be done at home rather than at a center.

Willa Gayle