Chris1234:

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me. I did go to the research page, but the links are all to divergence excess, which is something different. (I don't understand all of the terms, but I've gotten far enough with my own research to be pretty sure of that. But given that your kids have something else, there's no reason for you to have known this - I've just researched a little circle around our particular diagnoses myself.)

That computer program is interesting. That would at least solve the problem of the impossible commute to the doctor which we hvae, and I guess it would allow us to experiment at home to see if it was useful, at far less than the $4000 which this eye doc is expecting. Interestingly, ALL THREE doctors to whom we've been referred, including the one who we've actually seen and who made these diagnoses, are on the "doctors" page for the computer program. However, she didn't mention anything about this. And I'm guessing that the computer program's use is supposed to be overseen by the doctor, which adds in another expense too; am I right?