I would like to hear about what set you all on the path to homeschooling. Or why did you contemplate it and then stick to brick and mortar?

I just don't know what to do with DD11. I am finding out she is more unhappy than I realized. DH states we can't protect her from her troubles; she needs to learn the tools to face the world, but he is open to alternative school ideas. Middle school (hormones?), social,ADHD, internal issues - how to pry apart those four and determine what is the most troublesome. She says the only thing she learned this past year was math (in a class three years advanced for her age). All the other classes were a wash (she knew it already although 1 year accelerated). She liked one class - art (maybe band). She is also starting to talk about how she dislikes crowds and noise. This is new. Will be bringing this all up to the psych. on Monday.

I wouldn't be so focused on the option of homeschooling if it weren't for the fact that math is her least favorite subject, and if she is successfully pulling A's doing work three years ahead -well, what could she do in history, LA, and geography? She is self-educating with Ted Talks and library books!!
Thank you thank you for everyone's support!!