Well, it sounds like you'll be in good shape and on a 'good' track. I've had to deal with the EF aspects since homeschooling ds10 as well -- but it's definitely more doable when your ds is in a better mental state than in school AND with some time, patience, and maturity. I definitely can relate to having a child who is not in any way or shape conformist, but I think you'll find homeschooling will mesh more for your ds and, if not, there's always the possibility of returning to school again (earlier if necessary too).

There are some freely available study skills courses online (some may retrieved under 'how to study' or 'time management'). Those may help. There's the book - Smart, But Scattered, and plenty on pinterest to help too.

I was geometric phobic in hs and was apprehensive to homeschool ds due to the math. However, I did try out Education Portal's hs geometry (now study.com) for free when it was in beta mode for an education blog on online learning and it was completely different (in a positive way) to what had been taught in hs; and I'm not recommending that particular website but just emphasizing that there are different ways of teaching and learning geometry and to what can be done in a classroom vs. with homeschooling. So between a tutor and what you can find around online and elsewhere, you should be ok smile.