Kudos to your DD for the acceptance! What an awesome accomplishment. Clearly she's managing her dyslexia and dysgraphia extremely well. Whether she takes the spot or not, she should feel a great sense of pride.

I can't speak from personal experience (my own dyslexic/ dysgraphic DD is only 9), but I have looked at research around IB, and have found it remarkably consistent with anecdotal reports from friends. IB tends to have an extremely high workload, generally deeper and more thoughtful than AP, but requiring huge amounts of written analysis in consequence. IB requires high executive function to cope with than demand, and the ability to work though large amounts of reading, and produce large volumes of writing, both quickly and constantly.

IB programs can be reluctant to accommodate: there is frequently an attitude that "if you can't do it, you don't belong here". It may be worth some detailed discussion with the school and teachers regarding their approach to LDs. Are there audio materials available? Can she use voice recognition, word prediction etc, in daily class work as well as larger assignments? Will she be overtly or implicitly discouraged from accessing appropriate accommodations? Are they prepared to support and scaffold executive function, or do they consider it a prerequisite to being a candidate for the program?

If you have a child who is a high achiever, independent, and motivated in regular school programming, and just wants MORE! then IB may be perfect. IB classes also provide a peer group of bright, motivated kids, who want to learn. However, IB is kind of like the regular classroom on steroids; if your child needs *different*, not just *more*, there may be other options that would better suit their needs.

If you take a look at http://nrcgt.uconn.edu/research-based_resources/#bysubject, there are at least three reports on IB/AP (edit/find will jump you to them quickly). One delves deep into students' perceptions about the benefits and challenges, and might be particularly helpful for you and your DD to assess whether the program would be a good fit, and what kinds of questions to ask. Good luck - and either way, well done DD!